Eli Noff is an attorney and CPA experienced in the areas of tax controversy. Eli’s focus is in international tax law, and he is highly involved in cases involving Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Account (FBAR) compliance, offshore voluntary disclosures, preparing Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) computations and in all other international tax controversy matters. Mr. Noff also handles the resolution of federal and state liabilities, examinations and appeals, US Tax Court litigation, as well as IRS criminal investigations.
Prior to joining Frost & Associates, Eli was a legal extern at the IRS Office of Chief Counsel. During law school, Eli was a student attorney at the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, where students provide pro bono legal services to low-income clients with tax controversies. Eli has also managed a team of accountants at the Baltimore CASH Campaign, a non-profit tax preparation organization. His team received the Quality Tax Preparer Award because they produced the lowest number of rejected returns.
When not solving IRS tax controversies, Eli enjoys traveling and spending time with his wife and three children.
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant, Maryland Association
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. cum laude
- Ner Israel College
- Bachelor of Talmudic Law
- University of Memphis
- Accounting Courses
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Associate member of Maryland State Bar Association Tax Section
- Vice Chair of the American Bar Association Section of Taxation Committee on Tax Collection, Bankruptcy & Workouts, 2019-2020
- American Bar Association